Call for Papers for the 2013 Conference
Grab Your Bikes, We're Going to Utah!
31st National Conference on the Training and Employment of Paraeducators
April 18-20, 2013 in Salt Lake City, Utah at the Hilton Salt Lake City Center
Submit Proposals by Friday, October 26, 2012!
Download the full Call for Papers flyer to print and share
This year we are especially interested in the following topics, but as always, we encourage proposals that expand horizons.
Research Initiatives focusing on paraeducator effectiveness, training and supervision, one-on-one use of paraeducators, or other pertinent topics.
Statewide or local initiatives to set standards and parameters for:
- Statewide assessment activities designed to meet requirements of federal legislation, i.e., Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) and IDEA.
- Hierarchies of skill and knowledge competencies required to work in different levels of paraeducator positions.
- Paraeducator roles in muti-tiered interventions (RTI- Response to Intervention programs).
- Training and professional development opportunities for paraeducators and their supervisors.
- Development of effective partnerships among provider agencies, 2-